Networker

[Networker] free Resources for Networker?

2004-03-09 06:50:32
Subject: [Networker] free Resources for Networker?
From: Wolfgang Lonien <wolfgang.lonien AT FRESENIUS-MCM DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 12:40:17 +0100
Hi list,

my employer has bought Legato Networker for Windows to back up several
Win2k/Exchange/SQL servers, and I have to deal with it.

There seems to be no (cost-free) support tho. After looking at the Legato
websites and backupcentral, I'm still confused, as there is no real 'concept'
or a How-To, and the 3000+ pages of manulas don't help a newbie like me :-(

I sent the same question to alt.backup-software (before I found this list). Is
there any basic concept for this beast? Can anyone recommend books (if there is
no howto)?

At the moment I feel like someone who has to translate between 2 languages he
both doesn't know (the concepts my bosses have in mind vs. the manuals)...

TIA,
wjl aka Wolfgang Lonien

--
Wolfgang Lonien
Netzwerkadministration

MC Medizintechnik GmbH - Ein Unternehmen von Fresenius Kabi Critical Care
Information Systems - Standort Bremen

Anne-Conway-Str. 9 - 28359 Bremen
T [0421] 9 88 99-80
F [0421] 9 88 99-99
wolfgang.lonien AT fresenius-mcm DOT de

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Am neuen Berg 8 - 63755 Alzenau i.Ufr.
Postfach 13 24 - 63749 Alzenau i.Ufr.
T [06023] 97 22-0    F [06023] 97 22-44

Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Aschaffenburg HRB 4368
Geschäftsführer: Klaus Mokros, Horst Ebert, Nicolai Mokros