Networker

Re: [Networker] Can Not Rebuild client File Index

2004-03-05 17:17:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can Not Rebuild client File Index
From: Joseph Ortiz <jortiz AT HOUSTON.RR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:16:55 -0600
Deven,

I would need more detail on exactly what errors you're getting and what steps
you are taking to rebuild the index.

In general, you might want to first try nsrck -L6 client_name, followed by
nsrck -m client_name.  This will often repair a corrupted client index.  If
that doesn't work, then you try to recover it using nsrck -L7, assuming you
have a backup of the client index from the time frame you want.

If that still doesn't work, then you may want to temporarily shut down
NetWorker and rename the existing client index directory to db6.OLD.  Restart
NetWorker and try nsrck -L7 again to recover the index from one of your backups.

If you don't have an index backup from the time frame you want but you have
backup tapes from that time frame, you can rebuild the index from the backup
tapes using scanner -i.  You will need to follow the tape scans with nsrck -L6
client_name and then nsrim -X to get it all tied back together again where it
can be browsed by the recovery GUI.

Good luck.

Joseph Ortiz
DSMCS, Inc.