Networker

Re: [Networker] Changing a tape's location

2004-03-05 14:10:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Changing a tape's location
From: Matt Temple <mht AT RESEARCH.DFCI.HARVARD DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:10:52 -0500
Teresa Biehler wrote:
Is there a way to change a tape's listed location without using the GUI?
I'd like to be able to do something like this:

            Eject a list of tapes (use nsrjb)

            Change location of the list of tapes to offsite (or
something similar)

I've looked through the man pages that I thought would be appropriate,
but all I've found is how to query the location, not change it.

I didn't see this either, but "mmlocate" is your friend.   some examples
from the man pages:

       Update  the  media  database  to show that volume Offsite.011 is
now at location 'Media Vault'
              mmlocate -u -n Offsite.011 'Media Vault'

       Delete volumes at location 'Media Shelf 6'
              mmlocate -d 'Media Shelf 6'

       Delete location information for volume NonFull.001
              mmlocate -c -n NonFull.001

       List the location of volume NonFull.001
              mmlocate -n NonFull.001

                                       Matt Temple

Matthew Temple                Tel:    617/632-2597
Director, Research Computing  Fax:    617/582-7820
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute  mht AT research.dfci.harvard DOT edu
44 Binney Street, LG300/300   http://research.dfci.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02115              Choice is the Choice!