Networker

[Networker] compression: identical settings at backup and restore necessary?

2004-02-25 05:04:49
Subject: [Networker] compression: identical settings at backup and restore necessary?
From: "Staudenmaier, Thomas (ZKD)" <Thomas.Staudenmaier AT ZKD.BWL DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:04:34 +0100
Hello all,

I wonder if a change in the compression settings (SW and/or HW) renders my
backups invalid.
More specifically:

All my client backups run with the compressasm directive. I now want to
remove this directive. Is it possible to restore the backups made with
compressasm to the client when compressasm is removed?

Is it possible to restore a backup made on a tape drive with HW compression
enabled from a tape drive where HW compression is disabled or vice versa?

Thanks for the help.
Thomas Staudenmaier
ZKD, Stuttgart