Networker

Re: [Networker] nsr short names (exch)

2004-02-23 10:32:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsr short names (exch)
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:32:24 +0100
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, David Gold-news wrote:

DG> Try modifying the NetWorker User for Exchange icon and adding -c
DG> foo.domain.com.

Ah! I tried adding -c AFTER the server name, which doesn't work. Adding it
before seems to work though. I can at least browse the storage groups now.
:)

DG> Does the same issue apply with the NetWorker User program?

Yes. But networker user doesn't accept -c, only -s. So, after networker
user starts up, the client name is displayed as the FQDN in the bottom
border of the networker user window. When I click the recover button, I
get a request to select the source client. The only possible selection is
that clients FQDN name, which is also the client name defined in
Networker. When I select it, and click OK I get the error message "No
NetWorker clients can be found on this server". When I click on OK on this
error message popup dialog, the client name in the bottom border of the
window is changed to the short name. Odd. Do you know a work-around for
this too? :)

//Oscar