Networker

[Networker] Mass restore from a client

2004-02-18 07:22:47
Subject: [Networker] Mass restore from a client
From: Chris Campbell <Chris.Campbell AT FAC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:22:37 -0500
Hello,

I have been asked to indentify all needed tapes and their respective
saveset dates for a particular client, as far back as possible, up to
say sept. of last year (2003).  I am pretty sure some of you mminfo
wizards might be able to help me out on this one.  It's not all
browsable or online, but entirely all savesets that *could* be restored.

Also, we are looking into some sort of DR company that we could throw
these 200 or whatever tapes at, and tell them to restore all the mail
files and concatenate all the mail files into a huge mail file per
person.  To Clarify, restore my full backup from each weekend, and throw
any new mail into my master mail file.  Has anyone done something like
this before?

Thanks Guys.

Christopher S. Campbell