Networker

[Networker] IBM FC HBA vs Qlogic SanSurfer

2004-02-16 18:33:49
Subject: [Networker] IBM FC HBA vs Qlogic SanSurfer
From: Mark Kilpatrick <mark.kilpatrick AT REDSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:38:06 -0000
Hello,  I have recently used the qlogic san surfer software to configure
persistent bindings on devices available through Qlogic fibre channel HBAs. The
san surfer software was available in the packaging that the card came packaged
in.

The IBM Ess2105 fibre cards are Qlogic cards but come packaged as IBM cards
with an IBM driver.  Is there any software available with these cards that is
similar to San Surfer which would allow configuration of persistent bindings
through a GUI. I presume I cannot use the qlogic san surfer software?

Otherwise, is there another method to configure persistent bindings on the IBM
fc-HBAs (W2K)?

Thank you,  Mark

---