Networker

Re: [Networker] Merits of Linux and Solaris

2004-02-15 23:19:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Merits of Linux and Solaris
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:18:53 -0500
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Yura Pismerov wrote:

>Have you ever considered doing it without NDMP (using  NFS) ?  Or it is
>not possible in your environment ?

Unfortunately, we do not have the option to access our NDMP clients' data
via NFS. We use NDMP to back up Mirapoint message stores, which are not a
typical NAS device.

>Personally I think Solaris is still better choice for Networker backup
>server. Try to keep it.
>As for justification, you already have one - no SnapImage implementation
>for Linux.

Yup, but I am curious if Legato has any plans in the works to offer a
SnapImage version for Linux. Perhaps one of the Legato people on this list
would will willing to comment on that question, or perhaps not.