Networker

Re: [Networker] utilizing all 4 drives in my autochanger

2004-02-13 15:56:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] utilizing all 4 drives in my autochanger
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:56:00 -0800

> Hi All,
>
> I have a 4 drive autochanger and by backups only seem to be using 1 at a
> time. How do I configure Networker to use all 4 drives available
> simultaneously?

How many jobs are running simultaneously?  What is 'parallelism' set to
on the server?  What is 'target sessions' set to on the drives?

What kind of drives?  What throughput are you seeing on them right now?
What kind of network between the server and the clients?

Basically depending on the total number of clients, their jobs, and the
client parallelism values, the server attempts to launch a number of
sessions.  The maximum number of simultaneous sessions is limited by the
server 'parallelism' value.  Jobs start using a drive and should
multiplex onto the same drive up to the 'target sessions' for the drive.
Once that number is exceeded, another drive should be allocated if
available.