Networker

Re: [Networker] Disaster Recovery

2004-02-11 09:19:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disaster Recovery
From: Riaan Louwrens <riaanl AT SOURCECONSULTING.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:20:24 +0200
Yup, that about covers it.

Having all your indexes on one tape will as well speed things up
tremendously. Some of my clients dont back up client indexes and then run a
savegrp -o to have all the indexes on one tape (speeds up your backup as
well - especially when sharing drives).

we have tested this quite a few times, and basically getting back  a backup
server and one client only takes a few hours (Bs had 10GB indexes, client
had 40GB data - took 3 hours, including OS installs....)

Riaan