Networker

[Networker] Disaster Recovery of RMAN only Client

2004-02-09 20:30:44
Subject: [Networker] Disaster Recovery of RMAN only Client
From: "Andrewjeski, Mike - GPM" <Mike.Andrewjeski AT GREENPOINT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:30:37 -0800
Hi List,

We're testing disaster recovery, and the first test is to restore a database
that was backed up using rman.
The Server is 6.1.3 and the oracle modules is version 3 I believe. Both
server and client are Solaris 8.

To do this test what we have done is to config the rman client and the
Networker Server and do a successfull
rman backup and restore. Then do a full backup of the server followed by a
"savegrp -v -O -l Full <GroupName>.
then stop services, rename the nsr directory, re-install Networker,
jbconfig, mmrecov, nsrjb -HEv, re-inventory nsrck -l7 (which gets the server
indexes but fails on the rman client). When I try to restore the client
using nwrecover, I can see that I have nothing under ~nsr/index/<ClientName>

Seems to me the issue is we're not getting the client indexes back down from
tape, and so cannot perform a restore.
Mind you, there have been no Server initiated backups, only rman started
from the client.  Anyone have any ideas
what step I've omitted or how to get the client indexes back? BTW mminfo -a
-c shows the correct info.

thanks in advance

mike