Networker

[Networker] What happens if the storage node is not a client?

2004-01-30 13:27:19
Subject: [Networker] What happens if the storage node is not a client?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:27:52 -0500
Hi,

I just noticed (duh!) that our storage node is not itself listed as a
client under the client list (nwadmin). As far as I'm concerned, this
really shouldn't be a big deal since there's nothing on this system
that's that important. Its only purpose is to be a storage node. It is
not, however, a dedicated storage node, so it does back up a lot of
other hosts to its libraries. Anyway, this got me thinking:

What happens if you don't have the storage node listed as a client? Will
anything bad happen down the road? Any ill-effects from not doing this
thatyou might not notice? Doesn't seem like it to me, but what do I know

Thanks.

George