Networker

[Networker] Slide style bar codes for LTO?

2004-01-27 15:25:49
Subject: [Networker] Slide style bar codes for LTO?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:26:18 -0500
Anyone using or ever seen LTO media with slide style bar codes?

Anyone know if they make LTO media that's grooved for slide style bar
codes? None of the media that I've ever seen comes this way, so we've
always used stick style, typically 20 per sheet. I like the slide style
like on DLT.

A Storagetek technician told me once that he thought he'd seen an
adapter kit wherein you could clamp this goofy thing around the front of
the cartridge (secures via slight depressions on top and bottom of tape,
near edge) that allows for slide style and does not interfere with
drive bay, so clamp would have to be totally outside. Not sure how it
would attach, especially on top that would preclude jamming? Called
Storagetek, and they know nothing about this. All vendors I speak to say
stick style only, and tell me to get lost when I start questioning
further like Columbo.

George