Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.x resource files.

2004-01-16 20:10:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.x resource files.
From: Byron Servies <bservies AT PACANG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:10:33 -0800
On Jan 16, 2004, at 4:36 PM, Darren Dunham wrote:

On Jan 16, 2004, at 3:35 PM, Darren Dunham wrote:
My question is if I have someone tar up and send me all those files
from a running 7.x server, can I see the configuration that I would
have been able to see otherwise in the old format?  It's not a
binary file or anything like that, right?

I don't believe it is a binary format, but you will want to use
nsradmin -d to view the files.  Each resource, iirc, is in it's own
file in the new format (unless they changed it from when I looked some
time ago).

I don't have a 7.x server near me, I'm just reviewing static files.

nsradmin can view static files.  Always has been able to.  I'd go with
tar, but have them include the 7.x nsradmin as well.

Byron