Networker

Re: [Networker] Old Equipment

2004-01-16 14:24:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Old Equipment
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:24:44 -0500
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Tammie Robertson wrote:

>What do you all typically do with old backup equipment, drives and tapes?

Here at Temple, we recently established a computer recycling office. All
our old and surplus computer equipment goes to the recycling office after
filling out some forms (because at least one tree has to die). The
recycling office sorts through the usable stuff and much of it is donated
to local charitable organizations, mostly public schools and community
centers. I don't know what becomes of items such as tape libraries.