Networker

Re: [Networker] Barcodes not showing up. Networker 6.1.3

2004-01-08 18:53:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Barcodes not showing up. Networker 6.1.3
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:53:06 -0800
> I received new tapes (ait-3 if that matters at all), but did not have
> new bar codes yet.  I put the new tapes into the jukebox without
> barcodes, labeled them and all has been working fine.  Recently I
> received the barcodes.  I took the tapes out, put barcodes on them and
> put the tapes back in.
>
> I then did a full inventory of the jukebox.  I also did:
>
> Nsrjb -HE
>
> None of this has made the barcodes appear in the
>
> Nsrjb -v
>
> Output.

Strange.  All you should have to do is..
1) Make sure the jukebox attribute 'bar code reader' is yes
2) Inventory a tape.

Normally the jukebox picks up the barcode when the tape is inserted (you
might check with /etc/LGTOuscsi/sjirdtag on the jukebox.  If the
barcodes aren't seen there, it's a problem with the jukebox or how the
jukebox is communicating with the host.

Once they're there, then the networker inventory should match the
barcode to the existing volume.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company