Networker

Re: [Networker] Target sessions on drives not working properly.

2003-12-30 14:16:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Target sessions on drives not working properly.
From: Kent Holloway <Kent.Holloway AT ONVOY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:16:32 -0600
David,
 Thanks for checking, I forgot about that option but after checking it
is currently set to '60' for the group I am testing with. I am starting
the group via the command line like so 'savegrp -l full groupname', I
have also tried just 'savegrp groupname' and get the same results.

Librado,
 I have no other saves running during my test right now. The server is
idle at the moment.
I just have 'All' listed in the savesets for the clients but when they
save the 'All' is broken out into 4-5 savesets and shows up as each one
backing up. I get up to 4 savesets and no more per tape drive. I have
even had 2 saves from 2 different clients on one drive but when the 3rd
saveset from either of the clients or another client appear it wants to
load an additional tape.

The big problem is 4 savesets doesn't load up my SDLT220's and I end up
writing at a much slower speed than I am able to attain.

Thanks again for all the help.