Networker

Re: [Networker] Storage node in a windows cluster

2003-12-30 07:19:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Storage node in a windows cluster
From: Lars Nyberg <Lars.Nyberg AT PROACT DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:19:04 +0100
I think the information is for older versions of NetWorker (pre rel 6)
What you need is One Cluster Client per physical node in your cluster.
You can have as many virtual clients as you like.

You need one Dedicated Storage Node license (formely known as SAN node)
per physical node in your cluster.

You need one Shared drive license per tapedrive that is to have multiple
device-names.

If you use rel 7.x you can use the new feature "curphyhost" as storagenode
attribute for your
virtual clients. That means that the "current physical host" will recieve
the backups and
thus avoiding use of TCP/IP....

Also, don't forget "save -c virtualname"

//Lars