Networker

[Networker] Storage node in a windows cluster

2003-12-29 11:58:24
Subject: [Networker] Storage node in a windows cluster
From: Kenneth Larsen <Kenneth.Larsen AT STERIA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:59:38 +0100
Hi everybody
Does anybody have any experince or knowledge of, how a storage node should
be installed in a windows cluster envirorment?
I am thinking both licens wise and how it will see the data of the members
of the cluster.
How will it handle the virtual nodes ?
And what about san connected tape drives ?
In theory I should need one storage node licens, and all data in the
cluster would belong to this storage node right ? nay I don't think so!

I don't have anything setup yet, but I would like to do this on our
windows cluster, and let it backup all its own data through the san
instead of the LAN.

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Kenneth Larsen
Steria
Tonsbakken 16-18
2740 Skovlunde
kel AT steria DOT dk - 44506261 - 26306261
With a revenue of 1.018bn Euro and more than 8,000 employees, Steria is
one of the top ten IT services companies in Europe.
Steria Denmarks ambition is to reach a yearly growth of 20% in the coming
3 years. Our focus expertise is in:  e-Business, e-Government,
Outsourcing, Infrastructure, CRM and Workflow.