Networker

Re: [Networker] Jukebox broken

2003-12-22 15:11:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Jukebox broken
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:11:39 -0800

> The robotics of my juke box is broken, I want to manually insert a tape
> into the drive and back up to it. Is this possible from the command line
> or will legato just pass the request to the jukebox, and being that the
> juke box is broken then it wouldn't work period?

You could probably mount the tape manually, but I don't think you can
keep networker from trying to unmount it later if you did.

Stick it in and do a nsrmm -m -f <drive> to mount it.  As long as the
volume is in the right pool, Networker should use that volume rather
than try to mount something else.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company