Networker

[Networker] Moving OS's

2003-12-22 06:34:49
Subject: [Networker] Moving OS's
From: Simon Delicata <sdelicata AT PLANER.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:24:41 +0000
Hi All,

I came across this posting in the archive, and wonder if the feature has
been implemented :

http://listmail.temple.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0110&L=networker&D=0&I=-3&X=7F0B6D6211717B400B&P=44276

(should point to a mail from P Oates re problems switching client OS).

I'm moving my Win32 (Intel ) server to Linux (Intel), and wanted to know if
it's possible to maintain the indexes, or whether they'll be lost. My plan
was to transfer the necessary files from one to the other, rename the old
box to something else, and rename the new box & change IP on the new box to
take it's place. The ideal is to be able to recover files from previous
restores as the need arises.

TIA

Simon Delicata