Networker

[Networker] client full backup starting again and again...

2003-12-18 04:20:53
Subject: [Networker] client full backup starting again and again...
From: David De Maeyer <ddm AT RUC DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:20:58 +0100
Hi!

I am facing a funny problem with our backup server... since one week
one of the client backup has a strange behavior. We proceed with one
full backup every week. There are 2 directives to avoid taking a backup
of 2 directories (/tmp/dir1 and /tmp/dir2 for the example). Everything
worked fine until now. Now every night, the server starts a full backup
of that client or at least takes a full backup of /tmp, /tmp/dir1 and
/tmp/dir2 included!!

I've restarted NetWorker on the client: didn't help.
I've restarted NetWorker on the server: didn't help.
I've checked the index files for that client (nsrck -L 6): index files
seem to be ok.
Nothing relevant in the server/client logs...

Our install:
NetWorker server: Solaris 8 + NetWorker server 6.1.3
NetWorker client:  Linux Debian (2.4.19) + NetWorker client 6.1.2

Note: despite the fact that LEGATO doesn't support Debian, we never had
problems using NetWorker on Debian clients.

I simply don't know what is going on and how to tackle that problem...
Any idea? Does somebody already faced a similar problem? I am thinking
of rebooting both the server and the client but I don't like such an
extreme option specially that there is absolutely no guarantee it would
help...

Regards

David

David De Maeyer
Roskilde University Center
Computer Science Department
Box 260, Hus 42.1
4000 Roskilde
Denmark
voice (+45) 46 74 38 29 fax (+45) 46 74 30 72