Networker

Re: [Networker] OT: NetWorker server console manager

2003-12-17 13:54:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] OT: NetWorker server console manager
From: "Shelley L. Shostak" <sls AT QSTECH DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:54:10 -0800
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> Subject: [Networker] OT:  NetWorker server console manager
>
> is empty and not used. Something that can handle console access for six
> Unix servers would be nice.

We have Raritan (very pricey!) and they suck with Linux.  Buy a cheap used
Annex or Xyplex box on ebay and purchase support (Xyplex support was $400
which got you software and manuals).  We telnet to our unix consoles this way.

> I am considering getting a Cyclades, but I am wondering if anyone on this
> list has any other products for me to consider. We just need something
> that will let us open up a text-based connection to our server's console
> port.

No experience with Cyclades but the box looked like a good choice.

Shelley