Networker

[Networker] Exchange 2K Backups?

2003-12-10 11:28:01
Subject: [Networker] Exchange 2K Backups?
From: Josh Close <josh AT SEMAPHORE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:27:42 -0800
Hello,

I am having troubles backing up Exchange 2K.  Every couple of weeks the
incremental backups start failing for the IS saveset.  The saveset
output says some log or patch files are missing.

If I run a Full backup then the IS incremental backup starts working
again.  I thought that if I set the schedule to do a Full backup twice a
week it would solve this problem, but it didn't.

I am still getting the error (the output is bellow).  Even though the
schedule is set to do Full backups twice a week, those scheduled Full
backups do not make it start working incrementally again.  I have to
manually tell it to Full backup before the incremental start working
again.

I cannot find documentation anywhere that addresses this problem.
Anyone have an idea as to the solution?

Thanks,

-Josh

* exchange.semaphore.lan:MSEXCH:IS savegrp: suppressed 1 lines of output
* exchange.semaphore.lan:MSEXCH:IS nsrxchsv_ese.exe Version: 3.1.0.74
Supporting Exchange 2000
* exchange.semaphore.lan:MSEXCH:IS System Version: 5.0 Build 2195
Service Pack 4
* exchange.semaphore.lan:MSEXCH:IS ESEBCLI2.DLL Version: 6.0.6396.1
Service Pack 4
* exchange.semaphore.lan:MSEXCH:IS Performing an Exchange save
operation; save level is Incremental (Legato Backup Level: incr).
* exchange.semaphore.lan:MSEXCH:IS Backup storage group First Storage
Group to 192.168.1.16
* exchange.semaphore.lan:MSEXCH:IS HrESEBackupGetLogAndPatchFiles: Some
log or patch files are missing.
* exchange.semaphore.lan:MSEXCH:IS
* exchange.semaphore.lan:MSEXCH:IS Completed backup of First Storage
Group  Status: 0xc8000232
* exchange.semaphore.lan:MSEXCH:IS   unknown error -939523534
(0xc8000232)
* exchange.semaphore.lan:MSEXCH:IS
G:\rt_2002_1Q\nsr\db_apps\aime\svmain.c(1083): process_is_backup() =
0xc8000232
* exchange.semaphore.lan:MSEXCH:IS Backup operation finished with
errors.