Networker

Re: [Networker] File recover across San Storage Node

2003-12-10 07:49:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] File recover across San Storage Node
From: Mark Kilpatrick <mark.kilpatrick AT REDSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:42:37 -0000
Thank you. I will try changing the read hostname attribute in the autochanger.
But, after reading the documentation I am not sure if this should have been
necessary.  The documentation says....

"Normally, when a recovery is requested, the NetWorker software matches the
host that is controlling the device required for the recovery with the hosts
listed in the Storage Nodes list located in the Client resource."

At present my client is a SAN storage node and is setup to backup using itself
by putting its name in the storage nodes field of the client attribute. It
backs up across the tape san successfully as I can see the devices in use in
the Administration and also the speed of backup would not occur over the
network.

Regards,  Mark