Networker

[Networker] Storage Nodes

2003-12-08 16:38:31
Subject: [Networker] Storage Nodes
From: "Fields, David" <David.Fields AT ACS-INC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:38:18 -0500
I'm curious as to the feasibility of installing a storage node in a remote
office.  I've been told that due to the amount of traffic that is sent to
update the index's on the main Networker server via a WAN link that there
can be some problems where the backups don't run correctly.  It has been
suggested that we run a separate business edition server at the remote site,
and just use remote admin instead of setting up a storage node.

The WAN link in question is, at max, 512Kb Frame-Relay, and there would be
5-6 clients in the remote office.  I thought that one of the reasons for
storage nodes was for just this reason, but I want to make sure we do the
right thing.  If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know.

Dave

--

David Fields

ACS

 <mailto:david.fields AT acs-inc DOT com> david.fields AT acs-inc DOT com