Networker

Re: [Networker] jbconfig and operation volume type for jukebox?

2003-12-05 19:56:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] jbconfig and operation volume type for jukebox?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:56:44 -0800
> 2. why does the jukebox configuration details under nwadmin not have
> anything selected under the operation volume type.

'operation volume type' is a dynamic resource.  It's filled in only when
certain operations are occuring.  I'm not certain exactly what
operations might use it.

I would expect it to be blank at all other times.

>From the nsr_jukebox man page...

     operation volume type   (read/write, choice list,
          hidden)
          This attribute specifies types of volumes that  may  be
          considered  when allocating a volume.   It is only used
          when interacting with an external media management ser-
          vice.   This  attribute  is  used  to  pass information
          between NetWorker programs, and should not  be  changed
          manually by the administrator.
          Example: operation volume type: 8mm, dlt;

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company