Networker

[Networker] Differing Storage Node value

2003-11-26 14:38:40
Subject: [Networker] Differing Storage Node value
From: "Neild, Jim" <Jim.Neild AT SSHA.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:38:10 -0500
Looking at the backup of my Storage Nodes, of which I have 8, and was
wondering if there is a way I can specify a different Storage Node value
on their client definition that differs from other definitions.

The reason I ask is that under certain circumstances I want the Storage
Node to be the Storage Node for itself (e.g. when I am backing up EMC
BCVs mounted on the SN), but when I do a Local drive and System State
backups, I want it to use a common Storage Node value.

I can't be the first person to ask this.

Cheers,
Jim

------
Jim Neild
E-mail: jim.neild AT ssha.on DOT ca

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than
we can imagine. "

"Something unknown is doing we don't know what."
Sir Arthur Eddington (1882 - 1944)