Networker

Re: [Networker] wild cards with mminfo?

2003-11-25 12:33:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] wild cards with mminfo?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:33:25 -0800

> Anyone know any way to use wild cards with the mminfo command?

They're not supported in the syntax.

> For example, if I wanna look for savesets from a particular client that
> are all of the form:
>
> /raid/home/user/Backups/fname.11.??.03
>
> do I have to narrow the search as much as possible and then pipe to grep
> like:
>
> mminfo -s server -q
> 'client=client_name,savetime>=start_date,savetime<=enddate' | grep
> fname.11.

Yup.  Unless you only have a few.  Then you can do multiple matches on
strings.

-q 'name=/a,name=/b,name=/c,name=/d'

However, I don't know that it would run any faster than just doing the
grep externally.

For every possible day in a month, I'd definitely just use mminfo to
generate a large report and then cut it down externally.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company