Networker

[Networker] Saveset Recovery from Include files

2003-11-18 09:40:46
Subject: [Networker] Saveset Recovery from Include files
From: Monit Kapoor <mkapoor AT CADENCE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:10:04 +0530
Hi All,

I am atempting a saveset recovery of a client for which i had
backed approx 12 GB of index data from directories mentioned in the
Include file.

The backup command used was  "save -i -I /nsr/res/include_file".This
backup is
of index files of any important file server and needs to be restored at
an alternate location.
The mminfo shows i sucessfully backed the 12 GB data.No indexes were
generated for this
save.

However when i attempt to recover this data ( with saveset recovery).The GUI
shows the progress of the read till 12 GB however only the include file
is restored
in its original location and the actual data is nevere restored.

I used the following command on the backup server for restore:

#recover -f -d /tmp -S <ssid of org backup>

I even tried to run a scanner to see if that would be able to build the
online indexes
and probably show the original files.But the scanner goes bersek
throwing junk characters
in between the scan.

Any insights as to why this recovery is not able to restore the files
within the include files ?

Rgds,

Monit