Networker

[Networker] Unload failures with ADIC Scalar 1000 (DLT8000) on SAN using DDS

2003-11-16 01:24:58
Subject: [Networker] Unload failures with ADIC Scalar 1000 (DLT8000) on SAN using DDS
From: "Ballinger, John M" <john.ballinger AT PNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:24:53 -0800
Anyone have an idea what our problem might be?

We have an ADIC Scalar 1000 tape library using 2 FCR250's on a SAN.
One Solaris box is the NetWorker server and 3 other Solaris systems are storage
nodes.
Each of the 4 systems is on the SAN with a single HBA (all emulex LP8000's) and
we use persistent binding.

We continue to see unload failures of drives in the nw3 tape-library.
And we've set the timers for the jukebox as follows:
                Eject sleep     120
                Cleaning delay  300
                Unload Sleep    60
                Load Sleep      60
                Port polling period 3
                Deposit timeout 15
                Withdraw timeout  15
                Idle device timeout     10

                nw3# nsrjb -HEv
                setting verbosity level to `1'
                hardware_reset:
                Jukebox handle being opened at port [email protected]
                hardware_reset:
                Jukebox handle being closed at port [email protected]
                Jukebox handle being opened at port [email protected]
                box_inventory:
                Jukebox handle being closed at port [email protected]
                box_inventory_free:
                Jukebox handle being opened at port [email protected]
                box_comp_status():
                box_comp_status_free():
                box_comp_status():
                box_comp_status_free():
                box_comp_status():
                box_comp_status_free():
                box_comp_status():
                box_comp_status_free():
                box_comp_status():
                box_comp_status_free():
                box_comp_status():
                box_comp_status_free():
                box_comp_status():
                box_comp_status_free():
                Jukebox handle being closed at port [email protected]
                Jukebox handle being opened at port [email protected]
                Unloading jukebox: drive `rd=nw3sn2:/dev/rmt/1cbn' into slot
`19'
                box_unload: unload failure detected - retrying
                box_unload: retry: start time = 1068855935
                box_unload: retry: sleeping 30
Time is ~4:26PM here..

Earlier we had a successfull reset of the library:
[...]
                box_display: `' for drive `/dev/rmt/0cbn'
                box_display: `' for drive `rd=nw3sn4:/dev/rmt/1cbn'
                box_display: `' for drive `rd=nw3sn4:/dev/rmt/2cbn'
                box_display: `' for drive `rd=nw3sn4:/dev/rmt/3cbn'
                box_display: `' for drive `rd=nw3sn4:/dev/rmt/4cbn'
                box_display: `' for drive `rd=nw3sn4:/dev/rmt/5cbn'
                box_display: `' for drive `rd=nw3sn4:/dev/rmt/6cbn'