Networker

[Networker] RPC Error: Unable to send & SQL Server Group not found error

2003-11-14 16:27:00
Subject: [Networker] RPC Error: Unable to send & SQL Server Group not found error
From: "Wayne A. Fischer" <wafischer AT ECON.UCDAVIS DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:16:41 -0800
Hello,

  I'm new to this list and, quite frankly, I got on it in order to find
some resources to solve these two problems I have below.  I believe the
problem is the same for both these issues, as it is the same server, and
I've had problems with it in the past (incorrectly configured DNS).
However, at this point I've already tried every method I know of to
solve this problem and still am unable to figure out what's going on.
The server I'm backing up is a Windows 2003 server, running SQL Server
2000 and has 2 NIC's in it, 10.0.0.11 and 10.0.0.12.  I only use
10.0.0.12 to backup and in DNS I have all host names and aliases
pointing to 10.0.0.12 except one host name admin.econ.ucdavis.edu which
points to 10.0.0.11.    I've already done the follow below: The actual
error messages show below.  Hopefully someone can point me to some
resources I'm not able to find with google.com.  Thanks in advance.

W. Fischer

I'm assuming the problem is with my server YN itself and is DNS related
since.

Opening networker user on Client cannot find a server

RPCINFO -P from Networker Server to Client and Client to Networker
Server works fine.

Pinging Shortname, Longname and a reverse on IP address from Server to
Client works fine

Pinging Shortname, Longname and a reverse on IP address from Client to
Server works fine

Checking for all Aliases for 10.0.0.12 in DNS

 eviews points to yn.econ.ucdavis.edu

 yn points to 10.0.0.12

Added eviews.econ.ucdavis.edu to the aliases on the client in Networker
Administrator

Restarted Networker Services on Server, tried to backup SQL Server group
as test (faster than backing up my Other Servers Group)

It still failed the backup

[11/14/03]

When backing up YN.econ.ucdavis.edu (our backup server) in the "Other
Servers Group" I received the following errors

 Unsuccessful savesets

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:All 1 retry attempted

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:All nsrexec: authtype nsrexec

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:All savefs: cannot retrieve client resources

 savefs yn.econ.ucdavis.edu: failed

In addition the SQL Server group also failed and I received the
following errors

 Unsuccessful savesets

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: 1 retry attempted

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Database MYDB backup level forced to full

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Database MYDB1 backup level forced to full

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Only full backup is supported on master
database

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Database MYDB2 backup level forced to full

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Database MYDB3  backup level forced to full

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Database MYDB4 backup level forced to full

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Database MYDB5 backup level forced to full

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL:nsrsqlsv: Invalid group name SQL Server Group