Networker

Re: [Networker] not found in media index

2003-11-08 16:21:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] not found in media index
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 21:20:18 +0000
Tim Mooney wrote:

The obvious way to fix the problem is to do what Legato recommends -- move
the media database out of the way with NetWorker shut down, and then bring
it back online.  My recollection is that a blank media database will be
recreated.

At that point, you have the tedious job of running `scanner -m' on all
your tapes, to repopulate your media database based on the available
tapes.

It makes me laugh that they would even suggest this. I am working in an
environment where the largest/oldest server has around 4000 volumes, and
the thought of scanning even 2 or 3 tapes brings me out in a cold sweat.
 Scanning in ALL the volumes is way beyond the realms of possibility.