Networker

Re: [Networker] not found in media index

2003-11-07 16:28:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] not found in media index
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:28:50 -0800

> what is your comfort level.  review the man page for nsrim!!

I've looked at it, but I don't see anything in it that seems like it
would let me manipulate the media database.  I've done an 'nsrim -X',
but that hasn't done anything obvious (not that I expected it to).

> I would first idle legato, and make /nsr backup like tar or other os
> specific tool.  prefereble stoping database, but it may not start
> before making to many changes and then perform nsrim.  If this just
> happened, do you know the cause.  scanning comes to mind real fast.

I've also been advised that I should move the mm database aside and
rebuild from tape.  I'm afraid that doing so wouldn't clean anything up
because the corruption would just come back with the data.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company