Networker

Re: [Networker] nsradmin syntax

2003-11-04 17:46:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsradmin syntax
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:36:07 -0800

> within unix, I am trying to get a list of all legato server, clients,
> libraries, and servers.
> from reviewing man pages, nsradmin "NSR client" ; show or print but
> nothing displays.  I can get into nsr and print everything, but I do
> not need labels, groups and the many other items listed.  What is my
> gotha?

1) Specify the query as stdinput to nsradmin, rather than on the command
   line.  So for your example, something like this...

   printf "print type:NSR client\n" | nsradmin -i -

2) Use the "show xxx" to limit which fields you want.  Perhaps you only
   want name and schedule...

   printf "show name;schedule\n print type:NSR client\n" | nsradmin -i -

Obviously if you do the queries a lot, save them to a file, then specify
the filename after the -i.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company