Networker

Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] W2K / NW 6.1.3: no backup of DFS?

2003-11-04 15:33:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] W2K / NW 6.1.3: no backup of DFS?
From: Ernst Bokkelkamp <ernst AT BOKKELKAMP DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:34:22 +0100
I suggest you read the documentation once again: DFS IS AN ADD-ON FOR NT 4.0
SERVER !!!!
This is correct, it has been incorporated into W2K, before that it was an
add-on.

Another interesting BUT very important point: This a very ENGLISH mailing
list.
If your configuration deviates from the norm then you should mention this
clearly, I don't think that anybody until now has noticed that you are
mentioning Wordpad.exe that is resides in C:\Programme\Windows NT\Zubehör
and not the one in C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessoiries.
This little, but important item, may point at the problem. You could be
right that there is a bug in Networker due to the "ö" as this has happened
before. Also make sure that you follow the disaster recovery instruction
exactly as documented in the DPG, if you do not then this type of problem
may occur.

I suggest that you spend some time analyzing the problem, reproduce the
error, make a clear and understandable description of the error and open a
case with Legato. With the information given until now I would just ignore
your problem because I know it works, but with the additional information
gained I do believe that it might be a possible error. Btw. In this case it
is very important to document the language and versions of all OS's
involved, that means the server, the client and (if redirect is used) the
machine to start the recover.

Bye
Ernie

Btw: If you have a clear problem description then you can also post it here.