Networker

Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] W2K / NW 6.1.3: no backup of DFS?

2003-11-04 11:09:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] W2K / NW 6.1.3: no backup of DFS?
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET-MEDIASCAPE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:09:25 +0100
Hrvoje Crvelin wrote:
It does backup wordpad as part of system files.

Nope. If wordpad.exe was in System Files, it would be restored, but that is
not the case. I found out that Wordpad is missing after I did a test restore
of a W2K AD server (SP4 + all patches, but german, we all know that english
machines with a similar setup do not have this problem).

> Read MS docs about it.

Which ones? Do you mean a KB article?

It does backup DFS mount point, but you must specify that point.  It does
say so in Legato docs.  No place for panic ;)

I do not panic, I am just getting more and more angry. :-(

Anyway, the Windows Admin Guide says it's an add-on for NT 4.0 Server. ;-)
And it also says that I have to back up the 'DFS destination directories'
separately. But IMHO this means that

SYSTEM STATE:
SYSTEM DB:
SYSTEM FILES:
C:

is enough to backup the whole damned thing, including the DFS member C:\Foo.

Regards
Olaf