Networker

[Networker] modifying default pools

2003-10-20 15:28:54
Subject: [Networker] modifying default pools
From: "Martin J. Dellwo" <dellwo AT 3DP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:27:22 -0400
I use the 'Default' and 'Default Clone' pools for most backups.  I had
the bright idea that I would move towards allowing volumes to be
recycled from or to other pools as needed, which would alleviate the
occasional problems with running out of 'Default' pool tapes on a
weekend when I've got several empty tapes in the 'Default Clone' pool
just sitting there.  For now, I just check on weekends and occasionally
have to manual re-label 'Default Clone' tapes to be 'Default' tapes to
get through the weekend.  But, I found that I'm not allowed to modify
the 'Default' and 'Default Clone' pool settings.  Any ideas? or am I
just forced to create addition pools (something I'd like to avoid).
--
Martin J. Dellwo
(610) 458-5264 x6512