Networker

Re: [Networker] Archiving and Pools; NDMP and Pools

2003-10-17 12:40:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Archiving and Pools; NDMP and Pools
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:38:05 -0400
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Deb wrote:

>> If you plan to send backups from the NetApp via a LAN to the NetWorker
>> Server and on to its autochanger's tape drives, you'll need to purchase and
>> install the NetWorker SnapImage Module (you need the NDMP tape service
>> provided by this software bundle).
>
>Why do I need this module?  Our SE didn't mention this.  We bought the
>NDMP licenses, but nothing was ever said about a SnapImage module.

Your SE might be under the impression that you intend to back up your NDMP
data to tape drives that are directly connected to your NDMP system,
rather than to your Legato server. SnapImage is the module which
transports data from remotely connected NDMP clients to remotely connected
tape devices. Note that you also need one NDMP license per NDMP client.
SnapImage comes with one NDMP license built in.