Networker

[Networker] Directives and core files

2003-10-15 12:07:54
Subject: [Networker] Directives and core files
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT CS.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:06:22 -0500
I remember, and the archives helped me confirm this, that there was a
discussion almost a year ago about default directives and core files.
The fact that the directive

<< / >>
  +skip: core

does more than skips core files, but also directories named core and any
subdirectories under them.  I got burned by this this week.

I would still like to block files name core, but not directories named
core ... but I don't think that's possible with Networker directives.
Can anyone prove me wrong?

Oh, and it's probably a good idea for everyone on the list to review
their directives and make sure they know what is and isn't being backed
up.

Dave