Networker

[Networker] SAP using DB2 on AIX, all 32 bit

2003-10-02 16:02:25
Subject: [Networker] SAP using DB2 on AIX, all 32 bit
From: Ed Guenther <eguenthe AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:00:44 -0400
The Networker DB2 module does not support 64 bit DB2 installs on AIX 5.x

(Someone lied to me about the bit-ness of the DB2 database.  I checked it
myself with the command db2level.)

-Ed.

----- Forwarded by Ed Guenther/Philadelphia/Contr/IBM on 10/02/2003 03:58
PM -----

                      Ed Guenther
                                               To:       NETWORKER AT
LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
                      10/02/2003 02:37         cc:
                      PM                       From:     Ed
Guenther/Philadelphia/Contr/IBM@IBMUS
                                               Subject:  SAP using DB2 on AIX,
all 32 bit

We've hit a wall trying to get Legato to work with DB2.  Here's my error
message.  Any help would be appreciated.

$ db2 "backup db mydatabase-name online load /usr/lib/libnsrdb2.a"
SQL2071N  An error occurred while accessing the shared library
"/usr/lib/libnsrdb2.a". Reason code: "2".

Funny that I work for IBM too huh?

The library does exist and is readable by the user.

Here's what the error means, big help....

 SQL2071N  An error occurred while accessing the shared library
"<shr-lib-name>". Reason code:
           "<reason-code>"

Explanation: An unexpected error occurred while accessing a vendor shared
library during the processing of a database utility. The following is a
list of reason codes:

1
      An invalid shared library path was encountered.

2
      An attempt to load the backup shared library failed.

3
      An error was encountered while unloading the shared library.

The utility stops processing.

User Response: Ensure the shared library provided is valid and resubmit the
utility command or use another supported media.

-Ed.