Networker

[Networker] SQL backups fail but Legato shows Success ?

2003-10-02 09:13:43
Subject: [Networker] SQL backups fail but Legato shows Success ?
From: Riaan Louwrens <riaanl AT SOURCECONSULTING.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:23:34 +0200
Hi There,

I would like to pick the list's collective thoughts:

We have a SQL (v7 sp4 - Win2K SP3) client machine that is backing up to a
Solaris (8) 6.1.1 Networker server.

For a while now the group details have shown that there is "8GB" backed up -
BUT - then it states "nsrexec attempting a kill on remote server - Aborted
due to inactivity. The group's status shows a green light and successfull.

The DB is only 8GB big.

I have applied the latest 3.1 version to my svr.
I have checked all logs (all fine and show no anomalies).
I have upgraded the client to 6.1.3.
I will be (out of desperation) upgrading the BS svr to 6.1.3.
I have checked admin rights.
I have changed group timeout settings.

There is +- 45 DB's on the SQL svr. What I have found though is that if I
watch Legato and when the save process end - I manually kill the nsrsqlsv
processes on the client - then the next saveset will continue directly. If I
continue doing this 45 times the group will finish successfully and the
group details will be correct - (i.e. info on each DB size is displayed).

This is obviously a problem with killing the processes - all the Legato
rights / processes are full admin (even changed the account the service runs
under).

Apart from COMPLETELY reinstalling SQL (i.e. trash server) is there anything
else I can do ? Thoughts ? Comments ? Jeering remarks about my bad typing ?

Thanks !

Riaan