Networker

[Networker] Day of week setting for autoloader

2003-10-01 05:12:18
Subject: [Networker] Day of week setting for autoloader
From: Franklin Sagayno <fsagayno AT PBC.CO DOT JP>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:13:09 +0900
Hello All,

I've pondering this problem for quite some time. It's been a long while since I
got back being a Legato Administrator. I appreciate if someone can teach me how
to solve my problem. My problem is that, I have an old 5 tapes DLT autoloader.
One of the tapes is being used as a cleaning tape, basically I have only 4
active rotational tape to use. I want to use the tape so that the first tape
will have a full backup during sunday and incremental other days for first week
(assuming first week start on Sunday). During the 2nd week ( 2nd Sunday), the
2nd tape will be used, and full backup on Sunday and incremental other days.
During the 3rd week (3rd Sunday), again this will be full backup and other days
incremental. This will be also true on the 4th tape which will have a full
backup on the 4th Sunday and incremental other days. This will repeat to the
1st tape on the 5th week and so on. My question is, can this be done in Legato
5.5 and how.

Thank you to all, anyones help is highly appreciated.

TIA,

Frank