Networker

[Networker] How to tell NetWorker another copy of a saveset has been created, without its knowledge

2003-09-29 09:12:02
Subject: [Networker] How to tell NetWorker another copy of a saveset has been created, without its knowledge
From: "Lemons, Terry" <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:06:06 -0400
Hi

I have a small Site A and a large Site B.  Site A has a NetWorker storage
node which stores savesets on disk (using a file type device).  Site B has a
NetWorker storage node, and the NetWorker server.  For disaster recovery
purposes, I replicate the savesets on disk on storage node A to disk on
storage node B.  But, I do this replication with NetWorker's knowledge, so
NetWorker does not know that the savesets are on storage node B.

Now, a disaster occurs on storage node A.  I have all of its savesets on
storage node B.  But, NetWorker does not realize this.  I want to use those
savesets.  How can I tell NetWorker to recognize those savesets on storage
node B?  The only thing that comes to mind is to run the 'scanner' utility
over the savesets.  But, I'm not sure if that will work:  I don't want to
add the savesets to the media database (they're already there); I just want
to tell NetWorker that another copy has been created.

Thoughts?

Thanks
tl

Terry Lemons
> CLARiiON Applications Integration Engineering
        EMC²
where information lives

4400 Computer Drive, MS D239
Westboro MA 01580