Networker

[Networker] nsrjb error message - please advise

2003-09-24 14:09:13
Subject: [Networker] nsrjb error message - please advise
From: Julie Davis <julie.a.davis AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:09:14 -0400
I have recently migrated a storage node to new hardware. The storage node
is running on Solaris 8, Legato 6.1.1. My problem is that I can not see
the tapes when I run an inventory. When I run the command, "nsrjb -I" or
use the "-H" option I get the following message:

jbname_to_drive_nums: no DEV_HW_IDS_value

Does anyone know what this means? I tried reinstalling the app on the
storage node. I tried running jbconfig, to reconfigure the tape device. I
tried changing the SCSI # on the device and then re-running the jbconfig
utility. Nothing changes. I continue to receive the error message when
trying to inventory tapes.

I know it's not a cable problem because I can perform a successful UFSdump
to tape on that device.

Please provide ANY ideas.

Thanks!