Networker

[Networker] Interested in snapshots for SQL 2000? Beta Program for v4 of the NetWorker SQL Module

2003-09-23 19:59:24
Subject: [Networker] Interested in snapshots for SQL 2000? Beta Program for v4 of the NetWorker SQL Module
From: Dan Reger <dreger AT LEGATO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:16:27 -0700
Beta Program for Version 4.0 of the NetWorker Module for Microsoft SQL
Server

Legato's Beta Program for the next version of the NetWorker SQL Module
will begin soon.

The primary purpose of this beta is to test our integration with
PowerSnap features.  This release also supports the 64-bit version of
SQL Server 2000.  You may be interested for other reasons, and we
welcome your participation.

Beta Start: October 8th, 2003
Beta End: November 19th, 2003 (duration:  6 weeks)

Who should join?
Customers interested in taking snapshots of their SQL Servers.
Preferably existing Legato customers with working knowledge of SQL
Server and NetWorker
Customers with the following types of hardware:

(a) EMC CLARiiON
(b) IBM FAStT
(c) STK D Series

Also, customers interested in 64-bit SQL Server 2000.  Or other
interested customers...

New functionality
Support for PowerSnap functionality (requires use of the PowerSnap beta
software)
        Supports IBM FastT, STK D Series, EMC CLARiiON
        Instant backup, where point-in-time copies created manually or
through a schedule
        Snapshot backup
        Traditional backups of snapshots to tape - manually or through a
schedule
        Instant restore - point-in-time copy is restored
        Traditional restores from tape
        Save set and file-by-file restores from point-in-time copy or
point-in-time copy on tape

Platform support
        Support for SQL Server 2000, including 64-bit SQL Server 2000

Prerequisites
        NetWorker 6.x and up for traditional SQL backups
        NetWorker 7.1 for snapshot based backups
        PowerSnap software for snapshot based backups

How to join
        Potential beta customers should contact me, Dan Reger, at
dreger AT legato DOT com.  I will then provide the Beta information sheet and
our (standard) beta agreement.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Dan Reger
Product Manager