Networker

Re: [Networker] Cannot browse client index -- need HELP!!!

2003-09-23 12:54:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cannot browse client index -- need HELP!!!
From: "Reed, Ted G II [ITS]" <ted.reed AT MAIL.SPRINT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:33:52 -0500
I just tried the same thing and had the same problem.  Then I reran the nsrck
and didn't ctrl-c out....which I thought seemed wrong even if it was taking so
long.  And the ctrl-c was what broke it because the nsrck index check process
wasn't allowed to run, which actually merges and continuity checks the index.
Here's my successful run:
# sudo nsrck -L7 -t 08/03/03 $server
nsrck: checking index for '$server'
nsrck: The file index for client '$server' will be recovered.
nsrck: Recovering index savesets of '$server' from 'MASTER'
Recover completion time: Tue Sep 23 11:24:56 2003               <--- Point at
which I ctrl-c out 1st run
nsrck: completed recovery of index for client '$server'

nsrck: /nsr/index/$server contains 1966002 records occupying 338 MB

I say, run it again and don't break out this time.  Sooner or later the nsrck
recover will complete successfully.  Then you will have no problems browsing
those dates.
--Ted