Networker

[Networker] NetWorker and Firewalls

2003-09-22 15:23:44
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker and Firewalls
From: "Neild, Jim" <Jim.Neild AT SSHA.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:23:14 -0400
I have a NetWorker server running in VLAN 1 which is protected by a
firewall and I want to have a Storage Node sitting in VLAN 2, also
behind a firewall.  The Storage Node will backup servers that are on the
VLAN 2 only and will send metadata (indexes, etc.) through the firewalls
to the NetWorker server in VLAN 1.

I have read the section on firewalls in the doco and it all appears as
though it assumes that the communication through the firewall will be
between client and Storage Node, not Storage Node and NetWorker Server.

Has anyone built this configuration and what ports did you have to open?
What formula did you use to figure out the required range?  Did you use
any of the sections of the NW Admin guide?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.  TIA.

Cheers,
Jim