Networker

Re: [Networker] Netware 6.5 Clustered Backup Problem

2003-09-21 20:59:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netware 6.5 Clustered Backup Problem
From: Ryan Tassotti <LSS5 AT BRISBANE.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:07:53 +1000
Morning Riaan,

You have SMDR and TSANDS listed, but what about TSA600?

Also, with our Netware 6 cluster, we have been unable to backup the cluster
resources, instead having to backup the physical volumes on each node.  Which
kind of defeats the purpose of a cluster :-)

Regards,
Ryan.

>>> riaanl AT SOURCECONSULTING.CO DOT ZA 09/18/03 10:52pm >>>
Hi There,

Trying a "new" test. You must please forgive me as im not to Netware aware
... (pun intended).

Running Netware 6.5 on 2x HP DL380's
Netware Cluster up and running (resources fail over 100%).
Straigh SCSI disk.

Installed Networker for Netware 4.21 on both nodes.

Win2000 SP3 Backup Server - NW 6.1.3

Networker added as a cluster resource with the correct scripts to start and
stop the Networker services correctly. This works 100% and when the cluster
fails over Networker shuts down and starts up on the other node without a
hitch.

SMS loads before Networker
TSANDS loads before Networker

I am running eval so I havrnt loaded any clientpacks etc.

I have created the virtual node
I have created the physical node

I can backup the physical 1 node's NDS and SYS without a problem (using
correct account and pwd).

I cannot see the shared storage when I probe the physical 1 client.

I cannot connect to the virtual machine - even when specifying correct
account and passwords
(error: Cannot make TSA connection to the default Netware server
(SMDR-5.0-6) An internal error has occured. The connection number to a
module is invalid).

I need to connect to the Virtual Machine to be able to backup the shared
storage. It isnt really necessary to backup the nodes as they have nothing
of importance on them.

ANY IDEAS ? I am fishing here....

ANYTHING SPECIFIC THAT I NEED TO LOAD OR RUN ??

I know Netware 6.5 isnt "officially" supported yet (i.e. on the
compatibility guide - but I have been told that it "should" work the same as
Netware 6.0).

ALL HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED - REWARD CAN BE COLLECTED WHEN YOU ARE IN MY
COUNTRY ...

Regards,

Riaan

The following message has been received from the Internet.  Please use with
caution the message and any attachments

This message has passed through an insecure network.
All enquiries should be directed to the message author