Networker

Re: [Networker] Need help recovering a piece of a saveset

2003-09-17 13:29:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Need help recovering a piece of a saveset
From: Wes Ono <wono AT LEGATO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:38:48 -0700
recover [-f] [-n] [-u] [-q] [-i {nNyYrR}] [-d destination] -s server -S
ssid[/cloneid] [-S ssid[/cloneid]]. . . [path]. . .

−S ssid[/cloneid]
Specifies save set recover mode and can only be used by root. This mode can
be used to implement
fast batch file recovery without requiring the NetWorker file index entries.
ssid specifies the
save set id’s for the save set(s) to be recovered. When there are multiple
clone instances for a save
set, the cloneid can also be specified to select the particular clone
instance to be recovered from.
When no path arguments are specified, the entire save set contents will be
recovered. One more or
more paths can be specified to limit which directories and files are
actually recovered. If paths
are supplied, then the beginning of each path name as it exists in the save
set must exactly match
one of the paths before it will be recovered. Shell like file name matching
using meta characters
like ‘*’, ‘?’, and ‘[...]’ is not done. You can use a path that ends in with
a slash (‘/’) to force a
directory only match (e.g., use a path of /etc/fs/ instead of /etc/fs to
prevent files like /etc/fsck
from being recovered as well).